Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM)
What is Frequency Specific Microcurrent? (FSM)
Used successfully in the 1920’s to treat numerous ailments, microcurrent was somewhat lost with the advancement of modern medicine to prescription drugs and surgery. Revived in the 1990’s in the United States, microcurrent is being used by only a few chiropractors in the United States. (Dr. Cerami’s 30-year colleague, Dr. Michael Hatrak, was one of the physicians who treated the NFL player with FSM shown here).
FSM is an electric therapeutic, LOW RISK, NON INVASIVE & INCREDIBLY EFFECTIVE Physical Therapy modality. Used by doctors, neurologists, rheumatologists. orthopedic surgeons, dental surgeons and Physical Therapists alike to ease pain and accelerate healing.
It is an exciting way of treating nerve, muscle, joint pain and many other conditions such as arthritis, fractures, scar removal, fibromyalgia, shingles, using specific frequencies and micro amperage current.
It has become extremely popular with professional athletes in the NFL, NHL, NBA, as well as Tour de France cyclists and marathon runners due to its acceleration of healing time and significant reduction of muscle soreness. Dr. Cerami has successfully treated many professional level and amateur athletes using FSM.
What does FSM do?
FSM works by changing cell signaling. The frequencies change cell membrane receptor configuration back to the normal state and restore cell function and structure by changing epigenetic expression. The water in cells is structured as a semiconductor gel and conducts both current and information. When the frequencies change genetic expression, the cell changes state. Drugs and nutrients act like keys in a lock. FSM frequencies act like the key fob that opens one specific lock with a specific unique signal.
What conditions does FSM treat?
Frequency Specific Microcurrent can be used to treat a huge range of chronic and acute injuries, conditions and diseases which include:
- Strains & sprains
- Stiffness / muscular restrictions
- Post training DOMS
- Frozen Shoulder / Tennis / Golfers Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Scar Tissue (external and internal)
- Ligament damage
- Post-surgical pain and scar reduction
- Sciatica / Plantar fasciitis
- Skin conditions such as Acne, Eczema, burns, Ganglion cysts
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue
- Arthritis, including gout
- Shingles and Herpes
- IBS, constipation, Crohn’s disease, stress incontinence
- Endometriosis and cystitis
FSM devices at one of Dr. Cerami’s recent NFL trips
Who can benefit from FSM?
In our opinion, anyone that has pain should try FSM to help them feel better. FSM has also been shown to dramatically reduce inflammation within minutes (link here) so we recommend it for anyone that has had an injury such as: sprain, strain, road rash, post-surgical recovery, post workout DOMS recovery and more. Of course, if you want to stay away from medications to treat your pain, FSM may be non-drug the solution for you.
Do I need to do anything before having an FSM Treatment?
The Microcurrent is applied either through sticky pads placed on your skin, or via graphite gloves wrapped in towels. It may be necessary to remove some clothes; for example, working on your shoulder would require your shirt off. Most people expect to feel something but the current is so low it doesn’t stimulate the sensory nerves. However, during treatment, it sometimes is possible to feel the muscles softening or little prickly tingles.
Your FSM Experience
We have 2 options for FSM care at Utah Sports and Wellness; clinician attended and unattended. If your situation requires problem solving, we will schedule 2-4 FSM session with either the doctor or his medical assistant. If your problem falls into one of the 8 categories below, we will schedule FSM unattended sessions. Either way, you will need to meet with the doctor for an examination first to determine a course of care. Once you’ve had your examination, we strive to provide the quickest and best options to get you well.
Click on any of the photos below to see larger images
FSM therapy has been proven to:
- Reduce inflammation by 62%
- Improve oxygenation and cellular repair
- Increase cell energy levels up to 500%
- Boost immune function
- Enhance protein synthesis by 70%
- Remold and transform cell tissue
Click any of the links below to read FSM case reports
Click any of the links below to read extensive FSM research
Frequently Asked Questions about FSM
- What should I notice?
- Within 1-2 sessions you should feel some relief
- How often do I need to get an FSM session?
- We recommend at least 2 sessions per week, preferably 3 per week
- How long are the FSM sessions?
- Clinician attended sessions are 30 minutes; Unattended sessions are 40 minutes
- Will FSM help my pain?
- Research has shown FSM to be remarkably helpful in treating pain.
- Are there any contra-indications to receiving FSM care?
- FSM is not used on patients that have a pace-maker, are pregnant or have any form of cancer.
- How much does a treatment cost?
- Fees vary from $45 to $165. Please call the office for specifics.
- Where can I learn more about FSM?