We understand that in today’s world you have many options for your health care needs so we encourage you to read a few of our patients’ reviews, check out our approach and then get in touch with us for more information. Often, our practice is the last stop for patients who haven’t found answers at any other physicians’ office. You can feel confident that we’ve put in the hard work over the years to help get excellent results as we support you through your healthcare journey.
Your First 2 Visits
Visit #1: Examination and Treatment
We find that most patients want relief when they come in, so we make sure we treat all our patients on their initial visit. The first visit will take about an hour, where we’ll gather information to determine our course of action.
The visit has 4 components:
- Review of your history (injuries, problems, complaints, and restrictions)
- Review your goals for recovery and returning to activity, daily living without pain.
- AMIT Muscle Activation testing: Evaluates what muscles are working and not working
- Bio-mechanical assessment: Looks at spinal and joint alignment as well as posture
- Soft Tissue damage review: Determine how your pain should be treated
- Movement, Strength and Balance testing: We’ll grade you on an age-appropriate scale
- Treatment: (Based on your exam findings)
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Soft tissue treatment
- Laser Therapy
- Recommendations for home care and additional relief
Visit#2: Examination, Report of Information and Treatment
The second visit gives us time to coordinate your exam information, finish the AMIT examination and provide treatment. We’ll also review your findings to discuss options for recovery from your problem.
An important component to getting you recovery and getting healthy again is a for us to have a full understanding of your body and its compensations or how you got to your current condition. Sometimes that happens with an acute injury or accident, but it can also occur over months or years as your body adapts to past unresolved issues, occupational demands and life in general.
We look at the entire body to determine what’s working and what’s not working. We feel our assessment system is more complete than most offices as we combine the best from chiropractic, physical therapy and sports medicine in our goal to achieve an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Follow up Visits
We offer 3 types of follow up visits (all follow up visits can be scheduled online)
- AMIT Muscle Activation Visit
- 30- or 60-minute visit to re-activate muscle that are not firing
- Chiropractic Adjustment (regular visit)
- 15-minute full body visit to assess and correction problems
- Chiropractic Adjustment (tune-up visit)
- 5 to 10-minute spinal adjustment only visit
Other office visits are scheduled directly by the Physicians and therapists:
- Regenerative Medicine
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
We do not X-ray all our patients. If a patient requires imaging (x-rays, MRI, CT scans) to accurately diagnose their condition, we refer to a local medical radiology group located within 1 mile of our office for these services. This gives you the confidence and benefit of a professional report from a board-certified radiologist and you retain a digital record of the images. In most cases, the x-rays needed are ~ $130. and the MRI scans are ~$495.
To schedule please call 801-486-1818 or book online at utahsportsandwellness.janeapp.com