If you’re interested in getting the most cutting-edge health care today, it needs to include laser therapy. Low level Laser Therapy (LLLT) (also called Photobiomodulation therapy (PBMt)) is at the forefront of a healthcare revolution that doesn’t include pharmaceuticals and surgery. We use cold lasers on our patients because they provide a significant change in body chemistry without potential side effects. We use 3 different lasers with wavelengths covering 470nm, 635nm, 640nm, 875nm and 905nm. Pulse frequencies vary from 50HZ to 5000Hz. Wattage varies from .5mW to 25W.
Laser Therapy has been used in medicine for almost 50 years. As of this printing, there are 5609 research articles on the site www.PubMed.gov on low level laser therapy. It is used successfully in everything from reducing pain after hip surgery to shrinking tumors in dogs.
Different lasers provide different results. More “Powerful” lasers or hot lasers DO NOT provide more results; they work to heat up tissue while Cold Lasers change body chemistry.
(Please ask for our video link which describes this as well as our research booklet)
Our office has used cold laser therapy for over 10 years because of an experience Dr. Cerami had after tearing his left ACL in a skiing accident. After reconstructive surgery to re-attach the ACL and at least 2 hours per day of rehab for 5 weeks, he wasn’t making any progress. After meeting and talking with Lance Armstrong’s chiropractor, he had a few laser sessions and it completely changed how his knee functioned and felt. The change was dramatic. Dr. Cerami did his research and now uses different types of cold lasers in the office to treat a variety of conditions.
We use the lasers on almost every patient for either pain management or functional improvement which means helping the tissue get back to normal motion. Every laser we use is FDA approved.
More information on Lasers is also available from these books:
- The Body Electric: -Robert Beker
- Cross Currents: The Perils of Electropollution, The Promise of Electromedicine- Robert O. Becker
- Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis– James L. Oschman
- The Healing Energies of Light: – Roger Coghill
- Low Level Laser Therapy as a Medical Treatment Modality: -Pekka J. Pontinen
- Therapeutic Lasers Theory and Practice: – G. David Baxter
- Laser Therapy Clinical Practice and Scientific Background: – Jan Tuner and Lars Hode
- Ten Lectures on Basic Science of Laser Phototherapy: – Professor Tiina Karu
- The New Laser Therapy Handbook: – Jan Tuner and Lars Hode
- The Brain’s Way Healing: – Norman Doidge, M.D. (chapter 4)
- Minding my Mitochondria: – Terry Wahls, M.D.
- Zapped:- Bob Berman